[SciPy-Dev] scipy 0.10.0 release schedule update

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Sun Oct 30 15:04:15 CDT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For those of you who are wondering what the status of the 0.10.0 release is,
> we should have RC1 ready very soon. The blocker was/is that single precision
> Arpack routines on OS X are completely broken. For now the plan is to simply
> switch to double precision. See https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/98
>
> There was one other unresolved issue that came up for the beta release,
> which is that on Windows there's a Cython bug which prevents compilation
> with any released Cython version. We can't switch to the latest released
> Cython + bugfix, because the io.matlab Cython files can't be compiled with
> them: http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1524. My assessment of this
> issue is that it's not a blocker for the release. Please speak up if you
> disagree.

I've got some other work I'd like to do on that (matlab io) code - so
if you can wait a few days, I will try and fix that.

See you,

Matthew