[SciPy-Dev] import scipy.stats hangs in mod_python application

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Tue Sep 6 18:28:00 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:52 PM, fork <forkandwait@gmail.com> wrote:
>  <josef.pktd <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I have no idea about the actual problem, but scipy.stats requires or
>> loads many of the other scipy subpackages. Since stats is relatively
>> light in compiled extension modules, maybe trying to load first the
>> other subpackages might help to narrow it down.
>> import scipy
>> import scipy.special
>> sparse, optimize, ...
>
> import scipy works ok, but hangs in import scipy.stats.distributions.

"import scipy" is pretty empty and doesn't load any subpackages.
If the other subpackages haven't been loaded explicitly before, then
"import scipy.stats" imports also the other packages for the first
time.

I still cannot think of anything that would be specific to scipy.stats
or scipy.stats.distributions, and I think Pauli and David have moved
some functions during the python 3 porting to avoid circular imports.

Josef