[SciPy-Dev] Official alias for logical_not?

Joscha Schmiedt joscha.schmiedt@googlemail....
Fri Sep 9 03:21:14 CDT 2011

Hi,

Coming from Matlab I really really enjoy the object-oriented power and
flexibility of python. There is only one tiny thing, which puts me off
regularly: logical indexing in python. Although there are the functions
logical_not, logical_and and logical_xor, they make quite lenghty
expressions compared to ~, & and xor in Matlab. Therefore, I regularly find
myself creating aliases as n_ for them, which is basically fine, but I could
imagine other people doing so.

So, are there any plans for officially creating shorthand aliases for the
logical_ functions?

Best,
Joscha