[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.10.0 beta 2

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Sep 19 06:31:48 CDT 2011

Hi,

Sun, 18 Sep 2011 13:02:08 +0200, Ralf Gommers wrote:
[clip]
> The first beta release of scipy 0.10.0 was, well, beta quality, therefore I
> am pleased to announce the availability of the second 0.10.0 beta release.

I suggest we add two new sections to the release notes.

(i) We could add a brief summary list of backward incompatible
changes. This should make it easier for people to see what to change
in their code. It duplicates part of the info in the release notes,
but could be useful, as it allows to see everything relevant at a glance.

Backward incompatible changes
=============================

* one-line summary list of backward incompatible changes
* list also deprecations

(ii) We could steal some ideas from Sympy and add a list of contributors
to the release notes. Sure, we have a list in THANKS.txt, but who actually
reads that?

Authors
=======

This release contains work by the following people (contributed at least
one patch to this release, names in alphabetical order):

* Jeff Armstrong+
* Matthew Brett
* Lars Buitinck+
* David Cournapeau
* FI$H 2000+
* Michael McNeil Forbes+
* Matty G+
* Christoph Gohlke
* Ralf Gommers
* Yaroslav Halchenko
* Charles Harris
* Thouis (Ray) Jones+
* Chris Jordan-Squire+
* Robert Kern
* Chris Lasher+
* Wes McKinney+
* Travis Oliphant
* Fabian Pedregosa
* Josef Perktold
* Thomas Robitaille+
* Pim Schellart+
* Anthony Scopatz+
* Skipper Seabold+
* Fazlul Shahriar+
* David Simcha+
* Scott Sinclair+
* Andrey Smirnov+
* Collin RM Stocks+
* Martin Teichmann+
* Jake Vanderplas+
* Gaël Varoquaux+
* Pauli Virtanen
* Stefan van der Walt
* Warren Weckesser
* Mark Wiebe+

A total of 35 people contributed to this release.
People with a "+" by their names contributed a patch for the first time.

NOTE: I didn't check this list manually, so there might be some names
missing. It's produced by this script http://pav.iki.fi/tmp/git-authors
based on commit author names and log messages.

--
Pauli Virtanen