[SciPy-Dev] test_qz_double_sort seg fault - upgrade mingw for binaries?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Wed Aug 8 16:28:22 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is a failure that's holding up the release reported here.
>
> projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1717
>
> AFAIK, this test seg faults only on the official SSE2/SSE3 windows 32-bit
> binaries that are built using mingw 3.14 with gcc 3.4. It's only the double
> precision test that has a callback function that break.
>
> https://github.com/numpy/vendor
>
> The suspicion is that it's a compiler issue since the tests pass on other
> architectures and with msvc/mkl on windows as reported by Christoph. I
> didn't see anything in the LAPACK change sets to suggest it's an issue with
> the ATLAS/LAPACK, though I suppose this is still possible.
>
> How difficult would it be for someone to upgrade mingw/gcc and see if the
> seg fault goes away? I could try though I'm not set up for this and am not
> that familiar with cygwin/mingw.
>
> Are there any other mingw issues on windows to be aware of that prevents
> using a newer compiler?

We can't use gcc 4.x for binaries we want to distribute, see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/46536/focus=47813

> Any other way to resolve this?

Disabling either the test or the sort keyword of qz() until it's resolved
is one possibility.

Ralf