[SciPy-Dev] Cython on build-time (except on source tarballs)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Dec 21 16:24:50 CST 2012

Hi,

Here's a suggestion on how to get Cython as a build-time dependency, so
that building from source tarballs (sdist) doesn't require it:

https://github.com/pv/scipy-work/compare/cython-builddep

I'm not completely sure this is the way to implement it, but I think
getting rid of the committed-in C sources would be useful for the long run.

Requiring people who want to compile from Git to have Cython installed
is perhaps not such a big deal, since Cython is fairly easy to install
everywhere.

We'll still need the committed-in generated .pyx files, though...

--
Pauli Virtanen