[SciPy-Dev] commit rights for Jake Vanderplas

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu Feb 2 04:47:21 CST 2012

Hey Matthew

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
> I mean - are commit rights for:
>
> * making your own commits OR
> * merging other people's pull requests
>
> I think I'm asking the same old git vs svn workflow question.

I think the "policy" for #1 is currently to make a PR, wait for
feedback, and, if none is forthcoming, to proceed with the merge
unless you know the change warrants further discussion (think of doc
fixes, etc).  Essentially, it relies on the good judgement of the
author.  Ideally, of course, authors shouldn't have to merge their own
PRs, and Ralf and Warren have been very good at reviewing and merging.

Stéfan