[SciPy-Dev] Interest in a "controls" scikit?

Jeffrey Armstrong jba@sdf.lonestar....
Fri Feb 3 09:41:33 CST 2012

After seeing the discussion started by the scikit-signal proposal on the
list, I wanted to see if there would be interest in a scikit related to
controls.  While I wouldn't purport to be an expert, I have managed to
author some control design equation solvers, notably algebraic Riccati and
Lyapunov equation solvers, and I have a pythonic wrapper for LAPACK's
Sylvester equation solver.  Combined with much of the LTI code in
scipy.signal, I think there's a good start here towards providing some
control system design tools.

I wanted to see if others would be interested in helping out and whether
the scikit path is the right choice (I admit I was a little confused by
the outcome of the scikit-signal discussion).  Thanks for any input!

-Jeff

Jeff Armstrong - jba@sdf.lonestar.org