[SciPy-Dev] Interest in a "controls" scikit?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Feb 3 10:07:10 CST 2012

03.02.2012 16:41, Jeffrey Armstrong kirjoitti:
> After seeing the discussion started by the scikit-signal proposal on the
> list, I wanted to see if there would be interest in a scikit related to
> controls.  While I wouldn't purport to be an expert, I have managed to
> author some control design equation solvers, notably algebraic Riccati and
> Lyapunov equation solvers, and I have a pythonic wrapper for LAPACK's
> Sylvester equation solver.  Combined with much of the LTI code in
> scipy.signal, I think there's a good start here towards providing some
> control system design tools.

The algebraic Sylvester solver code sounds like it would be a good
addition to scipy.linalg --- that equation tends to pop up not only in
control theory, so it would be good to have the LAPACK routine wrapped.

--
Pauli Virtanen