[SciPy-Dev] Trac performance?

Ognen Duzlevski ognen@enthought....
Sun Feb 5 11:09:09 CST 2012

Hello,

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 05.02.2012 12:59, Ralf Gommers kirjoitti:
>> > Is there an end in sight for the troubles with Trac? It's driving me
>> > completely crazy. So if not, I'm willing to invest some time in moving
>> > all the relevant content on the Trac wikis somewhere else (suggestions
>> > welcome). I'm thinking about things like development plans, GSOC info,
>> > list of maintainers per module, etc.
>>
>> Newer versions of Trac are supposed to alleviate the "database is
>> locked" error, which is a PITA. So upgrading the software could help.
>>
> Moving from SQLite to PostgreSQL is also supposed to help.
>

>> I think moving stuff out from the Trac could be useful in any case, as
>> its account management is not so transparent. As for the developer wiki
>> info --- how about turning on wikis on Github and using them? Does
>> someone have experience on how usable they actually are?
>

> Haven't got experience, but see that they were just revamped two weeks ago:
> https://github.com/blog/774-git-powered-wikis-improved. They still look
> quite simplistic, but we don't need much.
>>

>> As for dropping Trac completely -- last time around, I think the Github
>> issues system lacked features. I think they've added some stuff since
>> then, though.
>

> If the database locked errors can be solved, I think Trac is still better
> than Github.

Hello,

Can I be of any assistance in this? I have an instance running on
Amazon that is slated for the new scipy.org box. Is anyone willing to
work with me to help migrate these things (or install a brand new
spanking instance of Trac on this separate machine, perhaps powered by
Postgres)? Would that be of any help? My problem is that having the
one scipy.org box right now that is critical does not allow me much
freedom to make a mistake which could possibly result in the scipy.org
box being down for some time (in order for me to back out of it)...

Ognen