[SciPy-Dev] updating optimize tutorial & doc questions

Denis Laxalde denis.laxalde@mcgill...
Mon Feb 6 11:03:04 CST 2012

josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> >  - The content of reference pages (e.g.
> >   <http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/sparse.html>) appears to
> >   be generated using automodule. There is also some bits in packages'
> >   __init__.py file but this is not consistent with the latter. So
> >   what's the documentation in __init__.py?
>
> It looks to me that it is now all in the module docstring, so the
> content of the main subpackage page should be directly the information
> in the __init__.py.
> What's the inconsistency?

It's kind of a mix of both contents. For example, in sparse/__init__.py,
there is:

  eye - Sparse MxN matrix whose k-th diagonal is all ones

the online doc shows:

  eye(m, n[, k, dtype, format]) 	eye(m, n) returns a sparse (m x n) matrix where the k-th diagonal

The latter description is the first line of `eye`'s docstring. This
is expected due to the `.. automodule:: scipy.sparse` which appears in
doc/source/sparse.rst. Some other parts of __init__.py (like examples)
are propagated "correctly".

--
Denis