[SciPy-Dev] new.scipy.org

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Tue Feb 7 00:24:39 CST 2012

On 6 February 2012 23:47, Thomas Kluyver <thomas@kluyver.me.uk> wrote:
> I've found that searches can turn up pages from new.scipy.org, a subdomain
> which was seemingly last updated in 2009, and now has out of date info -
> e.g. references to SVN (http://new.scipy.org/download.html) and FAQ about
> Python 3 support (http://new.scipy.org/faq.html#python-version-support). I
> can't see any details of who maintains the website, but I think leaving out
> of date information around is liable to cause confusion - can it be taken
> down or brought up to date?

Hi Thomas,

This issue is currently getting some attention (see this thread on the
Numpy list - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/47464).
The updated content from new.scipy.org is now at
http://scipy.github.com and since this mailing list thread is well
named, we may as well continue the discussion here.

I'd welcome suggestions/criticism etc. regarding the content of
scipy.github.com and the migration plan. Pull requests against
https://github.com/scipy/scipy.org-new would also be great.

Cheers,
Scott