[SciPy-Dev] [SciPy-User] ANN: SciPy 0.10.1 release candidate 1

Samuel John scipy@samueljohn...
Tue Feb 14 16:35:31 CST 2012

On 14.02.2012, at 21:19, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> The Arpack-related failures you see this time are precision errors, due
> to doing iterative inverses within an iterative eigenvalue problem
> solution.
>
> So, it's more of a problem with the tests than with ARPACK. If you can
> check that the following silences them, it would be appreciated:
>
>    https://github.com/pv/scipy-work/tree/bug/arpack-tol-0101

I just tested your arpack-tol-0101 branch and indeed scipy.test() does not show any failures nor errors with your changes.
The "official 0.10.1rc" still has these (8, I think) arpack failues.