[SciPy-Dev] Documentation issue

Robert Milgate robert.milgate@gmail....
Tue Feb 28 11:30:32 CST 2012

Forgive me if this isn't the right path for this comment, I 'm quite new at
this.

I believe that the documentation for the hamming window implementation (
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.hamming.html )  in
numpy is incorrect. Someone with more experience in signal conditioning
than I should have a look, but I think this is wrong.

 The function works correctly, but I believe the equation in the
documentation is for an interval symmetric about 0, not for the unipolar
interval stated in the documentation. The + sign in front of the 0.46cos
should be a - for teh interval as described.