[SciPy-Dev] Proposal for Scikit-Signal - a SciPy toolbox for signal processing

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort@inria...
Tue Jan 3 02:18:38 CST 2012

> Given that the 'learn', 'image' and 'statsmodels' projects have dropped (or
> will soon drop) the 'scikits' namespace, should the 'signal' project not
> bother using the 'scikits' namespace?  Maybe you've already thought about
> this, but if not, it is something to consider.

I would still vote for sksignal as import name (like sklearn) and
scikit-signal for the brand name.

It's convient to go sk->tab to get the scikit's list with ipython autocomplete

Alex