[SciPy-Dev] examples for scipy

Thu Jan 5 00:37:21 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 12:14:56AM -0500, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> I would be a happy user for examples of other scipy subpackages instead
> of RTFC.

I was actually thinking that they were many places of scipy where I felt
that my most useful contribution would probably be examples rather than
docs.

In scikit-learn and scikits.image we use a script that scans the example
directory and builds a gallery in rst for sphinx in the sphinx Makefile:
http://scikit-learn.org/dev/auto_examples/index.html
It's packaged as a sphinx extension, but it really is nothing more than a
script
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/blob/master/doc/sphinxext/gen_rst.py

Do people think that it is a good idea to add something like this to
scipy?

Gael