[SciPy-Dev] SciPy Goal

Thu Jan 5 10:23:58 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Charles R Harris wrote:

> > Filter design could use improvement. I also have a remez algorithm that
> > works for complex filter design that belongs somewhere.
>
> Can I get a copy of this please??

Sure, it's attached. It's pretty old at this point and I don't consider it
finished. If you want to work on it I could put a repository up on github.
I experimented with both fft and barycentric Lagrange for interpolation
(ala the original), and ended up using barycentric interpolation to
generate evenly spaced sample points and then an fft for finer
interpolation, allowing fine grids with less computation. Along with that
the band edges are all rounded to grid points whereas the original used the
exact values.

I haven't looked at this for two years and it needs tests, a filter design
front end, and probably some cleanup/refactoring.

Chuck