[SciPy-Dev] pull requests and code review

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu Jan 5 20:02:23 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:
> Understood.   I will listen to the feedback --- apologies to those whose
> toes feel steeped on by the crazy cousin stepping back into the house.
>
> The github process is one I am still not used to in practice. Also,
> obviously my orientation is towards much faster review cycles which have to
> happen in industry.
>
> I still think it would be useful to have someplace that people could
> register their interest in modules.  A simple wiki page would be a start, I
> imagine.

Getting a rough overview of interested people would be useful, but
most of the time it is just the usual suspects for scipy, given the
comment history on github.

On a module level it might not be so informative. For example if you
change signal.lfilter then I would check immediately whether it
affects statsmodels, but for most other changes I wouldn't be
interested enough to check the details.
For the new optimize.minimize I stayed out of the discussion of the
details, and kept only track of the main design since it doesn't have
a direct impact on statsmodels but will be useful in future.

Josef