[SciPy-Dev] Summarizing the scikit-signal discussion

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort@inria...
Fri Jan 13 09:32:11 CST 2012

hi all,

If I may just give yet another possible justification for a scikit.
Giving the example of scikit-learn, we have a lot of contributors
not working with scipy master including me on my mac laptop.
One reason among other is to avoid a dependency on gfortran
which leaves for example most windows contributors aside.
It's also much easier and less frightening to contribute to a small project.

my 2 cents,

Alex