[SciPy-Dev] mwavepy scikit

Travis Oliphant travis@continuum...
Mon Jan 16 00:16:17 CST 2012

Hey Alex,

Your project looks very cool.   I think it would be a great addition to the community.  A module like this would work very well as a scikit.       It is very easy to become part of the community.

I'm not an expert on this, but I believe you just need to upload your package to PyPI with a scikits.<name>  and it will become part of the index.  Then, it's about making a web-site, providing good documentation and examples, and getting the word out.

Gael V. wrote a nice example about how to get started, but I don't have the link handy.  Perhaps he will post it again.

Thanks for sharing your code and expertise.

Best regards,

-Travis