[SciPy-Dev] Strange truncation of autosummary docstring

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Jan 17 03:35:25 CST 2012

17.01.2012 00:42, Jonathan Guyer kirjoitti:
> This may or may not be related to an issue I reported on the sphinx list several months ago. Never did get an answer, but my post includes a possible workaround.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sphinx-dev/browse_thread/thread/c32cc95a399d96e/572b3d73d08c94f8?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=guyer#572b3d73d08c94f8

That seems to be a separate issue (i.e. the autosummary code in
sphinx.ext was not updated after some changes to sphinx's autodoc).
I think it is fixed in the current versions of Sphinx.

The problem Warren is seeing is, I think, that autosummary tries to be
(too) smart, and tries to take only the first sentence. Of course, the
last dot in "i.e." looks like it terminates a sentence...

--
Pauli Virtanen