[SciPy-Dev] scipy.io.wavfile

Sun Jan 22 14:40:34 CST 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Jean-Louis Durrieu
<jean-louis@durrieu.ch>wrote:

> Hi Warren!
>
> On Jan 16, 2012, at 9:30 PM, Warren Weckesser wrote:
> >
> > You're not the first to encounter a problem like this.  Someone else
> reported almost the same issue just a few days ago:
> >
> >     http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1585
>

> > For the record, this has also been suggested before:
> >
> >     http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1405
>
> Thanks your answer and for the links. I thought scipy-dev was the right
> place for this type of discussion (and I might as well have missed the
> original posts, anyway...). I ll also check the tickets from now on!

Jean-Louis,

Yes, this *is* the right place to discuss this!  Sorry if my terse email
gave the wrong impression.

> As a matter of fact, there does not seem to be much activity on these
> tickets, and the latter one's status is "unscheduled". Does it mean there's
> not much interest in such enhancement and behavior (not quite a bug really)
> correction?

As Pauli also said, it is just a matter of someone contributing the
implementation.  I think it would be great to have a more robust wav file
reader.

Warren