[SciPy-Dev] update on 0.11.0 status

Tue Jul 10 15:34:40 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Jake Vanderplas <
vanderplas@astro.washington.edu> wrote:

>  Hi,
> The graph_laplacian issue is fixed in PR 266, which I just opened [1].
> There is still the related but larger issue of errant fancy indexing in LIL
> matrix, discussed in ticket 1681 [2].  The LIL issue is more complicated,
> as it has potential for breaking backward compatibility.
>
> Great. If that is fixed, I'm not sure if the LIL issue is still a blocker.

I have still been unable to reproduce the csgraph.shortest_path failure.

I can reproduce this for about 1 in 10 runs, which is really weird because
I can't find any randomness in the test or code. Plus, it once again shows
how annoying generator tests are; can't see which method is failing.
Failures are also not always the same:

<failure 1>
x and y nan location mismatch:
 x: array([[  0.,  nan,   3.,   2.,   4.],
       [ nan,  nan,  nan,  nan,  nan],
       [  1.,  nan,   0.,   3.,   5.],
       [  1.,  nan,   4.,   0.,   3.]])
 y: array([[ 0.,  3.,  3.,  1.,  2.],