[SciPy-Dev] update on 0.11.0 status

Wed Jul 18 14:40:27 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Here's a short update on the status of the 0.11.0 release. Some of the
>
> Could we also have a look at:
>
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/269
>
> This is holding up some other packages in Debian.

That's a good reason to still include it. I have already compiled an RC
though, and I think that patch needs some more review/testing before
putting it into 0.11.x.

How about I tag RC1 now, and if this patch is OK consider it for a second
RC? If there's no other reason for a second RC, it would also be possible
to apply the patch only for Debian, right? It seems to only affect one
exotic platform.

Ralf