[SciPy-Dev] [Numpy-discussion] ANN: SciPy 0.11.0 release candidate 1

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Fri Jul 20 06:41:40 CDT 2012

Hi Ralf,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of
> SciPy 0.11.0. For this release many new features have been added, and over
> 120 tickets and pull requests have been closed. Also noteworthy is that the
> number of contributors for this release has risen to over 50. Some of the
> highlights are:
>
>   - A new module, sparse.csgraph, has been added which provides a number of
> common sparse graph algorithms.
>   - New unified interfaces to the existing optimization and root finding
> functions have been added.
>
> Sources and binaries can be found at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/scipy/0.11.0rc1/, release notes
> are copied below.
>
> Please try this release candidate and report any problems on the scipy
> mailing lists.

I've installed the 2.7 superpack on win64, with Python from python.org 32bit
and NumPy 1.6.2 superpack (I first tested numpy, all tests pass) and
when I run the scipy tests, I get a segfault when executing:

test_qz_double_sort (test_decomp.TestQZ)

I am using Windows XP 64 bit in a VM.

Ondrej