[SciPy-Dev] Procedure for new code submission (pyHHT)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jun 8 08:50:44 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Stuart Mumford <stuart@mumford.me.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a EMD / HHT code for some analysis I am doing as part of my
> PhD. (It is currently here: https://github.com/Cadair/pyhht (kicked off from
> jaidevd's inital work))
>
> I was wondering what the general procedure for getting something like this
> included in SciPy is. I know it requires a lot more work to even be
> considered but I would like to focus what I am doing with that end in mind.
>
> The Web here: http://scipy.github.com/dev-zone.html says that initially you
> should write a SciKit, is this still the way to go or is it fine just to
> create a repo with good quality documentation etc?

It is fine to create your project with whatever structure you like.

> Also is a HHT toolbox something that should be integrated into scipy.signal
> or (at risk of restarting an amusing debate) should it go into
> scikit.signal??

The Hilbert-Huang Transform is encumbered by a patent in the US. I
recommend keeping it contained to a single package and not integrate
it into another open source library.

--
Robert Kern