[SciPy-Dev] branching 0.11.x

Mon Jun 11 01:28:44 CDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're almost ready to branch 0.11.x and tag the first beta. Here's some
> things that are still TODO.
>
> Necessary to finish before the first beta:
> - Fix http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1599 (work around segfaults
> due to single-precision shift-invert mode in Arpack)
> - https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/217 (Finishing optimize.minimize()
> interface changes)
>
> Can be fixed after the first beta:
> - http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1669 (sparse.csgraph test
> failures)
> - https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/198 (fitting discrete distributions
> issue)
>
> Things that would be good to include, but will be postponed unless they're
> merged in time:
> - https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/236 (use memoization in Minpack
> routines)
> - https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/235 (t-test with unequal variances)
> - https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/173 (binned statistics)
> - any other PRs / patches that are ready
>
> If we can get the necessary items resolved this weekend, I plan to create
> the branch tomorrow evening (at or after 9pm GMT).

An update: we got a lot of the above done and are almost ready to branch
and release the first beta. In total we got 17 PRs merged and 9 tickets
closed this weekend. Thanks to everyone who pitched in.

Unfortunately there's currently one (new) release blocker that makes all
the Windows builds fail, http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1670. Once
this is resolved we can move ahead.

Ralf