[SciPy-Dev] Fwd: Software paper invitation (Swift UVOT grism Python software)

Paul Kuin npkuin@gmail....
Tue Jun 12 17:01:59 CDT 2012

Hi All,

I was thinking that this email invitation I got for publishing about
(my) software might be of interest to some of you also (for other
stuff of course & Depending on what you develop & whether it is of
interest to the 'research community').

   Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Hole <brian.hole@ubiquitypress.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Subject: Software paper invitation (Swift UVOT grism Python software)

Dear Dr Kuin,

I’m writing to you in connection with the Swift UVOT grism Python
software you have ... We believe that this is important software of
great use to the research community, and we would like to offer you a
method of increasing its reuse and impact.

Ubiquity Press (http://www.ubiquitypress.com/) is a researcher-led
open access publisher based on the UCL campus, and we are in the
process of launching a journal with the Software Sustainability
Institute (http://www.software.ac.uk), called the Journal of Open
Research Software (http://openresearchsoftware.metajnl.com).

We would like to offer you the opportunity of contributing a software
paper about the above software to the journal. Software papers are
short descriptions of the software, which detail the methodology with
which it was produced, link to its location in an archive, and very
importantly, detail its reuse potential. The aim of the paper is to
make other researchers aware of the software and encourage its reuse,
and provide the creators of the software with a way to gain
recognition for its production. The papers are of course citable, and
we will track these citations as with any other article type so that
you can see who is using the software and what kind of impact it is
having.

All software papers are peer reviewed, and require that the software
itself be available in a repository such as UCL Discovery that can
guarantee its long-term preservation and availability.

Please let us know if you are interested in contributing a paper, or
if you have any questions.

All the best,
Brian

--