[SciPy-Dev] Cross-link scipy docs and source code?

Christoph Deil deil.christoph@googlemail....
Sun Mar 11 06:51:42 CDT 2012

Hi,

would it be possible to cross-link the scipy docs and source code?

I would find that very useful and I could imagine that this might in the long run lead to more scipy contributors (see recent mailing list thread that there are too few of those).
More users will start to browse the code and understand how things are implemented and eventually feel competent enough to add the features they need in scipy instead of writing their own modules / wrappers based on scipy.

Here's an example that shows how scipy docs currently look (no link to source code):
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.optimize.minimize.html

statsmodels is an example of a  package that has cross-linked their auto docs and source code:
http://statsmodels.sourceforge.net/generated/scikits.statsmodels.robust.robust_linear_model.RLM.html

Christoph