[SciPy-Dev] module maintainers

David Warde-Farley wardefar@iro.umontreal...
Mon Mar 19 20:05:01 CDT 2012

On 2012-03-19, at 4:34 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In the recent "Scipy Goal" thread I proposed to find maintainers for each of the Scipy modules, an idea that I got positive feedback on from a number of people. Having maintainers (or "module  owners", or some similar title) could improve a few things:
>
> - the feeling of "ownership" of particular pieces of code (and hence less unmaintained code).
> - the responsiveness to tickets and questions on the mailing list.
> - the number of developers actively working on Scipy.
> - enabling current developers to focus more on fewer parts of Scipy.
> - having one or a couple of people able to declare PRs ready to be merged (or not).

I'd be willing to maintain the cluster module if no one else wishes to. I began a Cython rewrite of the cluster.vq module which is still in the repository though currently unused. I plan to continue on that anyway (along with kmeans, of which I already have a fast Cython implementation written), so I wouldn't mind becoming the guardian of that chunk of the codebase.

David