[SciPy-Dev] module maintainers

Tue Mar 20 02:20:29 CDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io>wrote:

> This is wonderful!
>
> The packages I can assist in maintaining and would like to be listed are:
>
> scipy.signal
> scipy.stats
> scipy.interpolate
> scipy.integrate
> scipy.special
> scipy.optimize

Travis, I love your enthusiasm, but you indicated recently you don't have
the bandwidth to work on Scipy much. So this list is a bit much, isn't it?

I actually proposed a limit of two modules per person in the SciPy Goal
thread. The motivation for that being to spread the load and expertise, and
get more people involved. That doesn't mean you can't work on more modules
of course. The only reason I didn't write that down in the end is that it
doesn't reflect the current status (mainly of Pauli's work and expertise).

> I can also be available to help answer questions on any of the other
> modules.
>
> This is always very much appreciated.

Ralf