[SciPy-Dev] cephes_smirnov never returns on mips/sparc/...

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri Mar 30 13:12:25 CDT 2012

30.03.2012 17:43, Yaroslav Halchenko kirjoitti:
> I have reported this issue some time ago on Debian
> and then forgot about it until now that I ran into it again.
>
> With recent scipy (including git master 0fbfdbc)
>
> scipy.stats.ksone.fit
>
> seems to stall (never return) on big-endian boxes and return (1.0, nan,
> nan) on x86.  It seems that it is  working correctly with scipy
> 0.7.2 (as it is now in Debian stable).

Are you sure it really hangs in cephes_smirnov? I'd run the code with
'python -m pdb xxx.py' and step through the execution to be sure that
the problem is not on the Python level.

The only change made to cephes_smirnov since 0.7.2 is to make it return
a NAN in undefined cases, so it seems unlikely the problem is there.  To
check if the problem is in cephes_smirnov, set a breakpoint to
cephes_smirnov in GDB and follow the execution.

--
Pauli Virtanen