[SciPy-Dev] Gmres with Sparse Complex Matrices gives Segmentation fault (or NULL result)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Nov 28 12:26:19 CST 2012

Hi,

28.11.2012 06:56, Martin Campos Pinto kirjoitti:
> I have just tried with scipy version 0.11.0, installed with mac ports
> and gmres runs without crashing.
> Since scipy 0.10.1 was the package provided with EPD I first thought it
> should run fine...

That is sort of strange in itself, given that there are essentially no
changes between 0.10.1 and 0.11.0 in that part of code. The test suite
also includes complex-valued test problems for gmres, so it not crashing
is also not immediately understood.

If the crashing version was 0.9.0 or earlier, then I'd understand what
is going on... If you still can, double-checking what
'print scipy.__version__' said could be useful.

But nice to hear it works now. (And for future reference, PyAMG contains
pure-python Krylov solvers, including gmres.)

Best,
Pauli