[SciPy-Dev] Bundling Boost?

Sun Oct 7 13:24:14 CDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> 07.10.2012 20:18, Charles R Harris kirjoitti:
> [clip]
> > A few questions.
> >
> > Are you using the C compatibility option for boost?
>
> No, just write a extern C wrapper function that calls it.
>
> > How are you dealing with errors?
>
> I'm not --- I suppose exceptions could be caught, however.
>
> > Any support for complex numbers?
>
> AFAIK, boost doesn't support complex-valued functions.

One could always hope ;) Grepping shows complex returns for the inverse
trig functions in boost/math/complex, I think that is for C++ standards
compatibility. They aren't among the special_functions, however. The math
library also include quaternions and octonions, are you planning on
including the whole math library or just the special_functions?

Just to be clear, I like this effort, we have already borrowed some tests
from Boost, we might as well take the functions that go with them.

Chuck