[SciPy-Dev] Bundling Boost?

Andy Ray Terrel andy.terrel@gmail....
Mon Oct 8 13:51:58 CDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Aron Ahmadia <aron@ahmadia.net> wrote:
>>
>> Andy, I agree with your point but why are you linking to boost trunk as
>> opposed to tests against a recent release?  My understanding is that the IBM
>> compiler team, for example, always makes sure that some version of boost
>> builds against their C++ compilers, even if it is not bleeding-edge.
>

> The released version looks better.
>
> Chuck

Aron, I linked to that one because it listed pgi, it didn't list xl.
I don't have access to a machine with xl *nudge**nudge* but since you
do for at least another week, you might provide some insight.

Chuck, unfortunately that one is better because it doesn't list pgi.
Personally, I use gcc, intel, and/or clang for almost everything so
I'm not pushing for keeping progress back for pgi and xl, rather just
commenting on the state of compilers since Fernando brought it up.

-- Andy