[SciPy-Dev] Savitzky-Golay for scipy.signal

Christopher Felton chris.felton@gmail....
Tue Sep 11 15:55:06 CDT 2012

On 9/9/2012 9:20 PM, Warren Weckesser wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Warren Weckesser <
> warren.weckesser@enthought.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 3:34 PM, thomash <thomas.haslwanter@alumni.ethz.ch>wrote:
>>
>>> In my line of work, the Savitzky-Golay filter is one of the most useful
>>> filters,
>>> and I think it would be worth including it into scipy.signal.
>>> "rgommer" has already mentioned that he would support that notion, and I
>>> was
>>> wondering if it would be ok with the other developers if I go ahead with
>>> it?
>>> thomash
>>>

>> You're email is well-timed, because I've been working on an implementation
>> today, and in fact, I was working on unit tests when your email arrived.
>> I'll have a pull request on github very soon (definitely by the end of the
>> day).

Where would the SG filter live in the scipy.signal
namespace?

There has been talk of reorganizing scipy.signal.
Might consider the possible reorg or where it might
make sense for it to live.  Or is it simply in the
.signal namespace?

Regards,
Chris