[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.12.0 release candidate 1

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Sat Apr 6 05:22:00 CDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate
> of SciPy 0.12.0. This is shaping up to be another solid release, with
> some cool new features (see highlights below) and a large amount of bug
> fixes and maintenance work under the hood. The number of contributors also
> keeps rising steadily, we're at 74 so far for this release.
>
> Sources and binaries can be found at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/scipy/0.12.0rc1/, release
> notes are copied below.
>
> Please try this release and report any problems on the mailing list. If no
> issues are found, the final release will be in one week.

Hi, I'm about to cut the final release but am not really sure about how
heavily the beta and RC were tested. Normally there are always a few
Windows-specific issues for example, this time nothing. A few "I tested
this on platform X and it looks good" responses would reassure me.

Thanks,
Ralf