[SciPy-Dev] issues trac migration review

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Mon Apr 22 14:46:51 CDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many of the issues have been migrated. Please have a look and let me
>> know of any problems.
>>
>> https://github.com/jseabold/scipy-trac-migration/issues?state=open
>>
>> I got rate limited by github, so I will have to continue later tonight
>> to make sure there are no problems.
>>
>> You'll notice that I used the same @ -> atmention: substitution for
>> now so that people don't get notifications, as I'm working out the
>> kinks. I used the same trac -> github mapping as the numpy migration
>> and added several more by hand of names I recognized as being a
>> duplicate e-mail address of a regular contributor.
>
> If you see duplicates maybe note them in a scipy .mailmap?

I'm not sure it's an ongoing issue at this point since it was trac
user names. There may still be a few in the git log but that's another
issue. I'm happy to push the scipy lists though, if it would help.

>> If we want different issue labels, let me know. It's probably easier
>> to format them now than to do it later.
>
> I guess there is no way to give the github issue dates from the trac tickets?

No it doesn't look like the create issue post request allows this unfortunately.

> It is worth adding a label 'trac import' to these issues?  If the
> dates are not right then these guys will end up in the middle of the
> issues list by date (old pull requests going earlier).  I can imagine
> wanting to go back to try and clear up old trac tickets in particular.

Yes, I could add the label if it will be helpful. Sounds reasonable to me.

Skipper