[SciPy-Dev] issues trac migration review

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu Apr 25 19:22:05 CDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> incorrect crosslinks again
>>
>> comments like this are pretty annoying since the create backlinks
>>  https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/870#issuecomment-17029861
>> a collection of backlinks
>> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/3
>>
>> trac didn't have the backlinks, so incorrect links were less of a distraction.
>>
>> Is there anything we can do? or maybe it's not worth it with old tickets.
>>

> Ugh, I spent an hour fixing the regex for this last night and it
> happens automatically on github anyway.
>
> I just put that in a code block and it goes away, but no there's no
> way to really do that programmatically.

Yes, I realized that before, there is no way to recognize this with a regex.

I was thinking more about whether we should manually edit the
offending comments.

At least I would prefer, when I see a wrong backlink in one of the
issues that I look at, to just go and edit the linking comment.
It would trigger a notification, I assume.

Josef