[SciPy-Dev] GSoC Proposal draft -- Improvements to the sparse package of Scipy: support for bool dtype and better interaction with Numpy

Daniel Smith smith.daniel.br@gmail....
Tue Apr 30 12:45:17 CDT 2013

Daniel Smith <smith.daniel.br <at> gmail.com> writes:

> For the ufuncs improvements, I would just recommend that you be
> careful about potential ndarray/matrix incompatibilities. The SciPy
> sparse class has a bunch of backends and an unpleasant amount of
> repeated code to implement those interfaces. Consolidating interface
> code while adding the ufunc functionality would be very helpful. Even
> if you only consolidate some CSC/CSR repeated code, that could make
> longer term upkeep a lot easier.

> Daniel

Looking over things again, repeated code between CSR/CSC is less of an
issue than I thought. But the point stands for CSC/CSR and LIL.

Daniel