[SciPy-Dev] GSoC Proposal draft -- Improvements to the sparse package of Scipy: support for bool dtype and better interaction with Numpy
Tue Apr 30 14:02:26 CDT 2013
27.04.2013 10:17, Blake Griffith kirjoitti:
- The second point in the abstract can probably be rephrased to be
easier to understand.
"allow use of XXX" -> "make XXX work with sparse matrices"
- "adding new functions/methods" --- these would for a large part
not be new user-visible methods, right? __add__, __minus__, multiply,
etc. are already there, although their functionality is at the moment
more restricted than it should be, which is to be fixed.
- The schedule for the second project in the text says 2+5+3+1 weeks,
but the headline 7. I think you want 7 here in total.
Is the part "Modify and add binary operation ..." leftover
from previous edits?
- The schedule looks good to me, and the details written in the plan
- As Daniel notes, the second part may also involve some refactoring of
the scipy.sparse code base, so that the same logic is not repeated in
several places in the code.
Looking for instance at CSR multiply() method: Doing this special
casing for each binop can be a bit inefficient --- there may be a
better way to write it in a generic form (and maybe on the C++ level).
- You may want to ping also the Numpy discussion list on this, as
the proposal partly concerns Numpy.
More information about the SciPy-Dev