[SciPy-Dev] github labels for pull requests

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Aug 21 06:55:03 CDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Juan Luis Cano <juanlu001@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 08/18/2013 03:48 PM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I added the `stats` label to some pull requests
>>>
>>> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues?direction=desc&milestone=9&sort=created&state=open
>>>
>>> It works for the list of issues but not for the list of pull requests.
>>>
>>> Is there a policy on this?
>>>
>>> Josef
>>
>> I'm seeing the open pull requests on the issues page.
>
> That's always the case on github, if no labels are selected
> But I would also like to see the open PRs when I want only the issues
> and PRs for some labels.
>
>> They get mixed up
>> with the issues but as far as I know pull requests cannot be tagged.
>
> We can tag them on the issues list. select them in the small square
> and change label.
> tagging requires being a member of the organisation or repository, AFAIK
>
> (I used it sometimes for statsmodels to get some order in issues and PRs.)

Related question:

Can we add a tag for "invalid" ?

I'm trying to get more order into open and closed issues on github.
For example adding milestones to recent commits.

It's a bit annoying to browse and read through tickets that are
labeled as "defect" when they were actually closed as "invalid" (or
the other Trac alternatives like "works for me".)

Josef
only 159 issues left