[SciPy-Dev] 0.13.x branch created

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Thu Aug 22 07:09:26 CDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Juan Luis Cano <juanlu001@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 08/21/2013 11:52 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The maintenance/0.13.x branch has been created, a beta release will
> > follow shortly. Thanks to everyone that helped merge PRs and fix
> > last-minute issues before branching!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Ralf
>
> At this point, and when the beta is tagged - what is the criteria for
> including code? The beta is considered a sort of feature freeze, and
> only bug fixes are applied? The rest of PRs must be made against master?

PRs (new feature and bugfix) must always be made against master, from where
bug fixes (and maybe some other things, like documentation improvements)
will be backported to 0.13.x as needed.

Is the plan still releasing roughly every six months?

Yes

> Can we start
> thinking of the features of 0.14? :)

Sure. There's always a flow of new features - all open PRs with new
features are for 0.14.0 now. Other new features welcome; we don't really
have a fixed roadmap, things that fit in scipy and are implemented well
will go in.

Ralf