[SciPy-Dev] Loss of precision using lsoda f2py interface or ode class

Juan Luis Cano juanlu001@gmail....
Fri Aug 23 01:42:20 CDT 2013

On 08/23/2013 03:10 AM, Warren Weckesser wrote:
> On 8/22/13, Warren Weckesser <warren.weckesser@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/22/13, Juan Luis Cano <juanlu001@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've been interested in solving some of the bugs of
>>> scipy.integrate.odeint, and there was some discussion about how to do it
>>> here
>>>
>>> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/2570
>>>
>>> However, I've been trying to wrap my head around lsoda.f and its f2py
>>> interface and things are being very difficult. In lsoda.f there is a
>>> sample program with the expected output, and I tried to replicate it to
>>> begin with.
>>>
>>> I'm working on this branch:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/Juanlu001/scipy/tree/integrate2/scipy/integrate
>>>
>> Luis, thanks for working on this.
>>
> *Juan*, that is--sorry.
>
> The other python file (test_lsoda.py) also needs the correction to the
> coefficient.
>
> Warren

Warren, thank you so much for pointing that out - I should never code at
2 AM. Now test_lsoda.py produces the correct output, which suggests I
have to tune the relative and absolute error in test_lsoda2.py.

-- Juan Luis, Juanlu or Juan is perfect :)

Regards

Juan Luis