[SciPy-Dev] ANN: Scipy 0.13.0 beta 1 release

Jack Howarth howarth@bromo.med.uc....
Fri Aug 23 18:58:31 CDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 03:12:21PM +0200, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce the availability of the first beta release of Scipy
> 0.13.0. Please try this beta and report any issues on the scipy-dev mailing
> list.
>
> Source tarballs and release notes can be found at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/scipy/0.13.0b1/. Windows and
> OS X installers will follow later (we have a minor infrastructure issue to
> solve, and I'm at EuroScipy now).
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

Ralf,
   FYI, if the proposed elimination of support for the Accelerate framework on
darwin was implemented in scipy 0.13, you will definietely want to consider reverting that
change. It appears that the issues in the Accelerate framework (at least as
tested with scipy 0.12.0) are resolved in the next darwin release...

Ran 6134 tests in 88.016s

OK (KNOWNFAIL=15, SKIP=36)

compared to darwin12...

Ran 6134 tests in 96.886s

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=15, SKIP=36, failures=63)

and darwin11...

Ran 6134 tests in 118.346s

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=15, SKIP=36, failures=65)

             Jack
ps I have looked at the proposed replacement of using openblas and it is rather suboptimal. Please
don't inflict that on us.