[SciPy-Dev] Triangulation on sphere surface with qhull(-wrapper)

Andreas Hilboll lists@hilboll...
Mon Aug 26 15:46:15 CDT 2013

Hi,

I was wondering if qhull supports Delaunay triangulation of data on the
unit sphere? If so, I'd like to implement an appropriate wrapper to have
an alternative to the FITPACK-based interpolation on spheres. Otherwise,
there's STRIPACK as an alternative, and it would probably be easy to
wrap it (if license is compatible; so far I couldn't find any license
info on STRIPACK). But I have a feeling qhull should be able to do this
as well; I just couldn't figure out how ...

-- Andreas.