[SciPy-Dev] Akima Interpolation

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser@gmail....
Fri Aug 30 06:31:39 CDT 2013

On 8/29/13, Andreas Hilboll <lists@hilboll.de> wrote:
> I'd like to have Akima interpolation in scipy.interpolate, as I couldn't
> find any.
>
> 1.) Did I miss something and there actually *is* an Akima interpolation
>     in scipy?

I don't see it anywhere in scipy.

> 2.) Is there interest in having Akima interpolation in Scipy?

Yes, it would be a good addition to scipy.

> 3.) Does anyone have a good recommendation which implementation I
>     should consider for pulling into Scipy?

A search for "python akima" turns up Christoph Gohlke's
implementation: http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/code/akima.py.html

The comments say it is based on a Matlab version by N. Shamsundar,
which is here: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/1814-akima-interpolation

Warren