[SciPy-Dev] spectral methods in Python

Nikola Mirkov largeddysimulation@gmail....
Thu Feb 14 08:05:48 CST 2013

Hello guys! I'm new to this list.

I'm very interested in spectral methods, and for that purpose I use Python,
numpy and scipy a lot.

Recently I have made an extension module for Python, consisting of some 85
functions, useful for implementation of spectral methods.

It is based on D.Funaro's Fortran library *splib*. Therefore I call my
project *pysplib*.

Here's the link to my github repo:
https://github.com/nikola-m/pysplib

The naming scheme of functions is very simple and economic (concieved by
D.Funaro). It uses three pairs of letters denoting 1) what item we want to
return (nodes, derivative matrices, expansion coefficients,function
values,etc.), 2) which orthogonal functions we operate on
(Chebyshev,Legendre,Jacobi,Hermite), and 3) what set of points we use
(Gauss,Gaus-Lobatto,Gauss-radau). So we have:

zechgl - ZEros (nodes) of CHebyshev polynomials at Gauss-Lobatto points
or
colega - COefficients, LEgendre, GAuss
etc.

There's a very comprehensive documentation in pdf, covering theoretical
aspect of these functions.

I would like to get some feedback,so send an email if you have any comments
or questions.
If it proves useful for scipy as a community, you may adopt it, and maybe
include in some module.

Regards!

--
Nikola Mirkov