[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Central Home Page .. finally

Andreas Hilboll lists@hilboll...
Fri Feb 15 07:47:18 CST 2013

> Finally, I tried to make a Scipy Central design (home page) looking
> close to scipy.org <http://scipy.org>
>
> Please take a look and let me know how it is.. what could be changed and
> all.
>
> http://ksurya.github.com/scipy-central-design/home.html
>
> Also: Few changes/ new features might be required like changing font
> size, color, background color etc..
>
> Please do comment on them too!
>
> The rest of the pages would be looking very similar to this..
>
> (Note: this was the previous
> version http://ksurya.github.com/scipycentral/ .. Looks a lot like
> search engine and probably won't work for this site).
>

> Looking for your comments.. is this has any chance of merging into
> main-stream (of course with some small changes)

Nice work, we're going down the right path, I think.

Just very quick comments:

I also like the tabbed content in the center. The fonts in the header
look ugly on my machine. I'm also +1 against grey fonts in the header.
I'd like to see a tabcloud somewhere (either in the sidebar, or in a
third tab). The 'new' SciPy-Central logo should be used.

How do the tabs behave without Javascript? How on mobile devices/small
screens?

A.