[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Central Home Page .. finally

Kevin Dunn kevin.dunn@mcmaster...
Sat Feb 16 08:23:06 CST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Surya Kasturi <suryak@ieee.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Finally, I tried to make a Scipy Central design (home page) looking
>>> close to scipy.org
>>>
>>> Please take a look and let me know how it is.. what could be changed and
>>> all.
>>>
>>> http://ksurya.github.com/scipy-central-design/home.html
>>>
>>> Also: Few changes/ new features might be required like changing font
>>> size, color, background color etc..
>>>
>>> Please do comment on them too!
>>>
>>> The rest of the pages would be looking very similar to this..
>>>
>>> (Note: this was the previous version
>>> http://ksurya.github.com/scipycentral/ .. Looks a lot like search
>>> engine and probably won't work for this site).
>>>

>>> Looking for your comments.. is this has any chance of merging into
>>> main-stream (of course with some small changes)
>>>

>> I think this can certainly be merged. We should however first pick up the
>> scipy-central code, domain names, etc. that were offered by Kevin Dunn (the
>> original author) for transfer to the community last year (
>> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2012-August/017911.html)
>>
>> I would propose to transfer some of the domain names to NumFOCUS, and put
>> the main scipy-central repo under github.com/scipy. I can take care of
>> that, if everyone agrees. Then we do need to move the site to a new server
>> and do some maintenance when needed. Is there someone who is willing to
>> help with that?
>>

> *Myself.*
>

>> Ralf
>>

>> Actually I just want to know one thing.. is the "blue" of scipy.org a
> kind of identity or symbol for the community/ site? Could we possibly use a
> different kind of blue? (just asking)

Hi everyone,

As Ralf mentioned above, and based on a previous message I wrote (
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2012-August/017911.html), the
domains are absolutely available for transfer.

Just let me know who to transfer to and when. This coming week is a good
time frame for me to do this.

I like the new look, thanks Surya, I'm glad you can continue on with it and
improve the site.

--
Kevin Dunn
Dept. of Chemical Engineering <http://chemeng.mcmaster.ca/>